A friend of mine recently started blogging. She’s blogged before, but this time she’s been more dedicated and hardcore about it, thus, inspiring me to want to do the same. (Check her out here!) I have blogged before as well. Unfortunately, after a month or so I began to post fewer and fewer things until I stopped altogether. Because of this, I didn’t let the inspiration from her take over immediately. After almost 2 weeks of the idea sticking with me, however, I finally decided to give in. And so begins the process of a new blog…
When the desire to start one first came to me, I started with the first problem: what am I going to name the blog? After all, the name alone can make or break it, right? I wanted something that could carry through all phases of my life. You see, the other blog that I started and stopped a few years ago didn’t really do that, which is the very reason I didn’t just revive it when this new spark of interest in blogging came.
I’ve made a lot of changes in my life in the last year and am continuing to do so now. I’ve bought a house, I’ve lost some weight, I’ve started exercising, and I’ve started trying out recipes from Pinterest. My list could go on and on. In every area of my life, I feel like I’m striving to change because I want to become the best of what I can be. I want to be the ideal. I want to have an ideal home, I want to be an ideal weight, I want to be an ideal cook/baker, and hopefully, one day, I can become the ideal wife and mother. I looked up the definition of “ideal” on dictionary.com and found the following:
1. a conception of something in its perfection.
2. a standard of perfection or excellence.
3. a person or thing conceived as embodying such a conception or conforming to such a standard, and taken as a model for imitation: Thomas Jefferson was his ideal.
4. an ultimate object or aim of endeavor, especially one of high or noble character: He refuses to compromise any of his ideals.
5. something that exists only in the imagination: To achieve the ideal is almost hopeless.
6. conceived as constituting a standard of perfection or excellence: ideal beauty.
7. regarded as perfect of its kind: an ideal spot for a home.
8. existing only in the imagination; not real or actual: Nature is real; beauty is ideal.
9. advantageous; excellent; best: It would be ideal if she could accompany us as she knows the way.
Upon reading the definition, there was one thing that stood out to me the most. It was the number 5 definition, “something that exists only in the imagination.” I relate most to this definition because while my ideal of something may be one thing, general society may think something completely different. My journey continues every day. I’m not trying to become something for somebody else; I’m trying to become what I want myself to be.
This will be a multipurpose blog that shares all the things that I do along the way as I am becoming my ideal (fill in the blank) and I hope that you stick around to share the journey!